Sunday, March 31, 2013

Hoppy Easter! (I know. I'm the cheesiest, ever. I can't resist!)


Image 
Is everyone dressed in their Easter finest today?!

Last night, I finished up a craft I'd spent all day on, and I can't wait to post about it here! I headed to bed around midnight, and woke up bright and early this morning to make it to my home church's Easter Sunday Sunrise Service. Although I was groggy as I headed to the shower, I played some "Jesus Paid It All", which has been stuck in my head all weekend, and it really reminded me why I was waking up so early!

Image 
Philadelphia United Methodist's Beautiful Resurrection Cross!

When we arrived at the church, we realized the service would be held inside since it was raining. Usually we start the service in our cemetery (sounds kind of weird but it works) and walk to the resurrection cross in front of the church to finish up. Thankfully, the rain let up, and we were still able to finish the service outside! We sang "Lord I Lift Your Name on High" which is a longtime favorite of mine, and I belted it out, feeling, for a lack of a better word, just blessed.

My brother, on the other hand, was not quite as thrilled to be going to the sunrise service... He would rather have slept in and gone to a later service, but we're headed to Spartanburg for some fellowship with my extended family there! I love our family traditions, and even though I'm too old to participate in the annual cousin egg hunt (I have 10 cousins, plus Corey and me, on my mom's side, so egg hunts were always competitive growing up!), I still look forward to watching my three little cousins scout the back yard.

Image 
Let's just say Corey wasn't quite as happy to wake up this morning as he was on Easter morning of 2000...

Easter is a celebration, which means... FOOD! Last year, my mom brought some Easter baskets to our family gathering... And by Easter baskets I mean these:

Image Mouthwatering watermelon fruit baskets... Perfectly festive for Easter!

Obviously, I can only dream of someday inheriting my mom's mad skills at fruit-cutting (and life in general), but this year she made a beautiful poundcake, so I think maybe with a little practice I could manage that! Hope everyone enjoys their Easter!

Song of the blog: "Lord I Lift Your Name On High"
Lyrics of the blog: "You came from Heaven to Earth, to show the way. From the Earth to the cross, my debt to pay. From the cross to the grave, from the grave to the sky, Lord I lift Your name on high!"

No comments:

Post a Comment