Sunday, March 24, 2013

I'm Feelin' Inspired!

Hence this blog, y'all!
This isn't my first time at the blogging rodeo. A high school teacher introduced me to the concept of "cool blogs" in high school, with Bakerella, because she knew I loved baking cute and creative treats. I was hooked instantly.
I blogged at Wofford College, as a freshman there, and I loved it! I couldn't believe they were actually paying me to do something I had wanted to do ever since I read Ryann, a fellow Terrier's blog back when I was deciding to go to Wofford.  I had caught the blogging bug, as you can tell from the picture below, taken my freshman year as I intensely blogged next to my sweet roommate (can you tell we're college freshman with the futon, snacks, and iron, all in one shot? Not to mention my roomie's comfy pjs! ha!).
DSCI0039

However, after my freshman year, I stopped blogging. I still read blogs, whether they be fictional, like Cosmo's blog, a healthy living blog (seriously one of my faves!), or a southern lifestyle blog.

I wanted to start my own blog, but I didn't feel like I had any focus. No catchy title, no audience, and no initiative. There is so much that goes into blogging that I didn't even know about. Over the years, my eyes have been opened to the blogging world, and I know there is a huge learning curve, so please bear with me as I continue to learn more about blogging (and the photography and networking aspects, especially!). Am I trying to make this a career? Nah. But am I wanting to share my passion for writing and life with others? Absolutely. Wish me luck as I embark on this journey!


Song of the Blog:
22 by Taylor Swift
Lyrics of the Song: "We're happy, free, confused, and lonely in the best way." Does this describe the emotions of a girl growing up, or what?!

No comments:

Post a Comment