Monday, May 6, 2013

Challenge Accepted!

Well folks, I'm home for the summer (YAY!), which means I have plenty of time to hang out with my family, which is something I love to do. This weekend my dad was in Austin, TX visiting one of his closest friends, and my brother was in Boone, NC, with his girlfriend's family, so you know what that means... Girl's weekend! My mom and I shopped 'til we dropped, ate our weight in fro-yo, and attempted to save a couple of baby birdies on a two hour walk... We had a lot of fun together, to say the least!

Sadly, my mom and dad have to go do this thing called "work" Monday through Friday, and my brother has school, which means my week days need some filler until I start nannying. The girls I'm watching don't get out until the first week of June, so I feel like I have a little too much time on my hands (the grass is always greener, right?).

Thankfully, while perusing Ryann, my Wofford friend's, blog yesterday, I saw a challenge I couldn't pass up: blog every day in May.






Ryann got this challenge from Jenni, at Story of My Life, and I think following Jenni's prompts every day will give me something to do that is a bit more productive than sleeping in until 10 (AKA missing most of the morning), watching TV shows I don't care about, and mindlessly browsing the internet. From now until the end of May, expect a daily blog post.

Today, the prompt is: "If you couldn't answer with your job, how would you answer the question, 'what do you do'?"

Well, right now I don't have a job, so that makes this easy! Ultimately, I do smiles, I do love, I do laughs, I do bad jokes. I do nerdiness, I do enthusiasm, I do compassion, and most importantly, I do happiness. That's all. (And yes, you can "do" adjectives and nouns, in my world.)

Song of the blog: "American Beautiful" by The Henningsens (such a summer song!)
Lyrics of the song: "She cracks em up like the liberty bell. A whole lot of tender and a little bit tough... Oooh, she's a little unusual, oooh, she's American beautiful."

No comments:

Post a Comment