Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Remember that "Blog Every Day" Challenge? So... About That.

Yeah, I know. I fell off the wagon. However, I'm not beating myself up about it, because I've had some fun times away from the MacBook!
Want to see the past week or two through my eyes? my sunglasses and a few more pictures will have to do!  
Want to see the past week or two through my eyes? my sunglasses and a few more pictures will have to do!

The day I didn't blog post was a busy one. I knew my challenge for the day was to take pictures of my day, and take pictures I did! I got one before my run, at the pool with my friends, and even one before I went and played trivia with them at night!

Feelin' hot, hot, hot! What a great, sizzlin' day for some country tunes, a beautiful pool, and of course, a well stocked pool bag!
Feelin' hot, hot, hot! What a great, sizzlin' day for some country tunes, a beautiful pool, and of course, a well stocked pool bag!

However, by the time I got back from trivia that night (which we didn't win... don't even let me get into that story about some stinkin' cheaters!), I was tired, and I wanted to go to bed so I could be ready for a visit to Wofford to see my friends one more time before they went home for the summer... Or graduated!
IMG_4378

 I got to see my mini-me, Natalie (left), and my big sister, Julia (right), who is going to PA school now!

I also got to see my suite-mates/best friends/ sisters, and although I didn't get to spend much time with them, it was nice to see them all the same! Continuing on with my whirlwind week, I turned 21! Yay for birthdays, and more importantly, for the family and friends that make celebrating so special! I got to spend the whole day how I wanted to spend it, going on a walk at River Walk with my parents and eating yummy tea muffins! After that, I went and got my hair did [sic, yes, I'm putting the sic], which was much needed so that I could look sassy (or as one of my friends put it "saucy") for my birthday night.

My family and I before celebrating with a delicious birthday dinner!  
My family looking spiffy before a delicious birthday dinner!

Thankfully, my friend Ben had a birthday earlier that week, so we all celebrated in honor of him, too!

My fabulous friends: Kara (right), designed a fun "21" check list for me, and Rita (left) offered to let us spend the night in her nifty NoDa apartment!  
My fabulous friends: Kara (right), designed a fun "21" check list for me, and Rita (left) offered to let us spend the night in her nifty NoDa apartment!


Blurry but a blast: shameless selfies, great friends, and bowling at Park Lanes added up to a great birthday night!  
Blurry but a blast: shameless selfies, great friends, and bowling at Park Lanes added up to a great birthday night!

After my birthday, a few of my friends, including John, started work, and I started my two online classes. That doesn't mean I don't still have time for fun! This Memorial Weekend, John and I spent time with John's sweet older sister, Kathryn, and her friends! We all cooked out at Kathryn and her room mates' house and headed to Speed Street to listen to Survivor, AKA the 80s band that has a couple minor hits... and then Eye of the Tiger. Yeah. They obviously saved that for last, but it was worth it to people watch (oh my redneck.).

My first Speed Street experience!  
My first Speed Street experience!

I've also been attempting to help around the house, since we're having company for Corey's upcoming high school graduation! One of the things on my mom's to-do list? Get a wreath for the front door. My response? Go to Michaels, get less than $30 worth of supplies, make wreath for front door!

My mom and I made this pretty little number!  
My mom and I made this pretty little number![/caption]

I think the combo of country-chic burlap, delicate hydrangeas and blossoms, and a small whimsical black monogram says "Welcome to our home!", don't you?! Obviously, minus the whole "no blogging" thing, I've been making pretty good use of my spare time!


1 comment:

  1. Great Post! Looked like fun! LOL.

    ReplyDelete