Friday, August 23, 2013

First Clemson Five on Friday!

Five on Friday! Courtesy of Christina of Carolina Charm, Darci of The Good Life, April of A. Liz Adventures, and Natasha of Hello! Happiness

1. Coupon queen. I’m not talking about me… I’m talking about John. Recently, The Krazy Coupon Lady made her way into his heart, and since then, he has dedicated an entire FOLDER- yes, a folder, to his coupons he prints out. Now, I gotta hand it to crazy-with-a-k. Her coupons rock. In fact, once I saw John save over double what he spent, I knew he was on to something. However, I don’t have the patience, cutting skills, or brains to coupon like John. It involves a lot of strategy, and I think that’s probably why he’s addicted. Thankfully, he’s using his newfound skills for good- he’s donating his close-to-free highlighters he got at Walgreens to a school supply drive. Aw! I recommend you guys check out this site- if you take the time to read how the site works, Krazy Lady has the rest all figured out. Only problem? The only grocery store in Clemson that the Krazy Coupon Lady caters to is Publix. Thank goodness that one is a mere two minutes from my apartment!

2. Oatmeal. Guys. Oatmeal has been my jam for a couple weeks now. Before Michigan, I was eating oatmeal because it's super-filling, and it's low on sodium, so there's no chance of belly-bloat from it (had to look decent in vacation pics, ya know?). Since then, I’ve been on somewhat of a kick. The best part? You can add a dash of sugar to make it like a dessert if you want to, and it is just begging to have fruit mixed in!

Blueberries, peaches, cinnamon sugar, oh my! 
Blueberries, peaches, cinnamon sugar, oh my!

3. Getting Settled In. I’m a huge fan of my new apartment. It’s older than my apartment from last year, but the pros certainly outweigh the cons. It doesn’t have a pool, but I never used that pool anyways. This apartment has a back porch with a little yard, and the layout is perfect. Downstairs, there’s a pretty roomy storage closet, a half bathroom for guests, a laundry closet, a living area with enough space that it can also function as a breakfast nook,  and a kitchen with tons of cabinet space. Upstairs, each of us has our own bedroom and bathroom, and I’m pretty happy about the spacious closet I didn’t have last year! Best of all, I get along with my cousin and roommate, Adam, really well, and he’s super neat and tidy, which has encouraged me to be the same way! Once I'm all settled into my room, I'll take a few pictures!
Here I am with the rooms and my brother, both of whom were NOT so thrilled to take this picture at the football practice we went to tonight!
Here I am with the rooms and my brother, both of whom were NOT so thrilled to take this picture at the football practice we went to tonight!

4. Lilly lovin’. This Monday marked the beginning of Lilly Pulitzer’s annual Endless Summer Sale. If you’re not a Lilly fanatic like I am, just picture a sale with deals so crazy, the number of people trying to access the sale when it starts at 8 am (ish) crashes the website! I have more than enough Lilly gear, but there was one dress I just had to have. Thankfully, I waited out the dreaded-yet-inevitable hour-and-a-half-long process of the site freezing, working, finding what I wanted, getting excited, not being able to pick out a dress size, the site crashing, the site working again, getting my correct dress size in the cart, the site crashing, the site working, and finally… I succeeded in my purchase!
"Oh shift!" At least Lilly Pulitzer was clever with their broken-site message. (Side note: I spy several Lilly things already...)  
"Oh shift!" At least Lilly Pulitzer was clever with their broken-site message. (Side note: I spy several Lilly things already...)

Each time the site crashed, it said to check their Facebook page for updates, so I did that to kill time. If you want to see a bunch of middle-aged, upper-middle-class women get their panties in a wad, just stand in their way between them and a $35 “You Gotta Regatta” printed scarf. It was pretty funny reading all the snide comments by Lilly-lovers, because yeah, it was frustrating that the site wasn’t working, but if that’s your biggest first world problem, you’re pretty darn lucky! I turned out to be super lucky, because I got the Clemson-themed dress I was coveting for over 70% off, and it (along with a cute white shirt I ordered) came only two days after I placed my order!!! I was shocked, because I had heard that shipping could take several weeks with their big sale! I highly recommend everyone take advantage of the Lilly Pulitzer Endless Summer Sale next year!

Clemson colors? Check. Comfy cotton maxi? Check. Ability to wear the top five different ways? Check.  
Clemson colors? Check. Comfy cotton maxi? Check. Ability to wear the top five different ways? Check.

5. Fresh meat. A new year at Clemson means this transfer student is no longer one of the newest kids on campus- yay for freshmen! This is really exciting to me, because my baby brother is now officially, after years of dreaming, a Tiger! I’m so excited for him, and I’m so happy that I get to be here to support him and watch him in this next chapter of his life!
Corey and his roommate/ best friend since second grade, Peter, on move-in day!
Corey and his roommate/ best friend since second grade, Peter, on move-in day! Since then, they've really settled in, and their dorm is adorable (in a manly way, of course!). 

Seriously, how awesome is this 'Merica/ fly-fishing themed desk area?! Oh, and I think my brother is craftier than I am- he made that bald eagle/ American flag canvas!
Seriously, how awesome is this 'Merica/ fly-fishing themed desk area?! Oh, and I think my brother is craftier than I am- he made that bald eagle/ American flag canvas!

No comments:

Post a Comment