Friday, August 16, 2013

Kinda Sorta In Denial...

That in a week, I'll have finished my first days of classes. Eek! Thankfully, no Friday classes this semester, so holla! (And I didn't even have to try for that- it just happened! Double score!) Classes starting means I'll be back at Clemson, and being back at Clemson means I won't be at home any more (I'm gonna miss you so much, Mom and Dad!), and not being at home any more means no more summer. :(

Now, don't get me wrong: I love school. Growing up, I was the nerdy girl who eagerly awaited finding out my class schedule, picking out my pencil box, and of course, putting together the ever-so-important first day outfit, which usually turned out something like this:

First day of sixth grade, y'all! Yes, I still had cowlick-ridden straight-across bangs, and yes, my outfit was from Limited Too, and yes those are slide-on tennis shoes, and yes, I somehow still managed to have friends...
Yikes... John likes to point out that my ankles look snappable here.

First day of sixth grade, y'all! Yes, I still had cowlick-ridden straight-across bangs, yes, my outfit was from Limited Too, yes, those are slide-on tennis shoes, and yes, I somehow still managed to have friends...

I digress. The point is, although I'm sad summer is coming to a screeching halt and I won't be living at home, I'm also beyond excited to start a whole new year at Clemson! Corey will be there too, College GameDay is coming to our first home game against Georgia, I'm  looking forward to my first trip to the bars downtown (yay, 21!), and I have a fabulous class schedule! Hey, that whole no-Friday-classes thing will make it easier to write these:

Five on Friday! Courtesy of Christina of Carolina Charm, Darci of The Good Life, April of A. Liz Adventures, and Natasha of Hello! Happiness 
Five on Friday! Courtesy of Christina of Carolina Charm, Darci of The Good Life, April of A. Liz Adventures, and Natasha of Hello! Happiness


I think I wrote enough about my past week (or two, I guess) in my MI recap post yesterday, so I won't bore you with even more. However, I am dying to show off this freshly-crafted addition to my new apartment:

Ta-da! 
Ta-da!

How cute is this Lilly Pulitzer print canvas I made with my mom Wednesday night?! I was hunting for ideas on how to use my old Lilly agenda pages, and this seemed like the perfect way to show some state pride and recycle at the same time!

Wanna know how I made it? Easy. All I needed: Lilly Pulitzer printed paper from outdated agendas, Mod Podge, a sponge brush, a 12 x 12" canvas, a cut out map of my home state, and some scissors! Thankfully, my mom was there to perfect the edges (I suck at cutting), and she did the tedious job of cutting the little 1.5-ish inch strips to make the border, which was also her idea! Crafty Kathy!

Hope the back-to-school week is fun (okay, bearable) for everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment