Tuesday, December 31, 2013

2013 in Review

How in the world is it the last day of 2013? 

They say time flies when you're having fun, and they say life goes by faster the older you get.

So I guess the combination of having fun and getting older is the ultimate combination for a fast year.
Since it seemed to pass in the blink of an eye, I put together a few pictures to remind myself how blessed I've been this year. 


Without further ado, here's my year in review!




Highlights ||  - John turned 21!
- Started classes at Clemson and grumbled about the confusing bus schedule as I walked to class in the rain for the first week and a half
Visited the Biltmore House with my family, John, and Morgan
- Experienced my first cold “spring” break in Charleston with John and his parents
Celebrated one year with John
- Created this blog! {that first post... woof!}





Highlights ||  - Ran my first 10K {Cooper River Bridge Run}
-  Visited Savannah with John
- Realized I was thankful I never learned the bus schedule and enjoyed my walks to class
- Attended the Blockhouse Steeplechase with John and our parents
- Sang my heart out at an Avett Brothers concert
- Made the President's List at Clemson {so did John!}
- Turned 21!




Highlights ||  - Corey graduated from high school!
- Charlotte took her first trip to South Carolina!
- Lots of family visited for Corey’s graduation party
Nannied the sweetest girls for world’s best summer job
- Actually trained for my second race and fell in love with running
-Visited Beaufort, Tybee Beach, and Savannah (again!) with John to celebrate the 4th of July
Spent quality time with my grandparents in Elk Rapids, Michigan
Rode bikes around Mackinac Island with my family, Morgan, and John
Stayed at Brian’s parents lake home with Jana, Brian, Charlotte, John, Morgan, and my family
- Learned to wake surf
- Realized my love for fitness while taking classes at the Y after work





 Highlights ||  - Welcomed my freshman brother, Corey, to Clemson
- Cheered on the Tigers during the football season
- Experienced College GameDay at Clemson, not once, but twice
- Tackled 21 hours of classes
Met fantastic girls in my major
- Became friends with said fantastic girls and felt like I’d found my niche at Clemson
Lost a dear Wofford friend
- Ventured up the mountains to Highlands with John
- Blogged every day in October
- Received my class ring
- Rolled my eyes while strangers admired John’s inflatable sumo wrestler Halloween costume
- Lost my Uncle Mike
- Decided to run a half marathon in his honor
- Reveled with friends during Clemson’s annual Fall Crawl
- Rescued a dog
- Made the President's List {so did John!}
- Decked the halls for Christmas
- Donned tacky sweaters 
Reunited with friends from home
- Cut out cookies for my parents’ annual cookie baking party




Although I was unable to see my uncle this year to say goodbye, I found peace with the realization he’s no longer in pain from leukemia. In 2014, I’m determined to surpass my fundraising goals to raise money for other people fighting blood cancer.


Here’s to the new year! I don’t have any resolutions, per say, but I definitely want to continue improving my health. Over the course of 2013, I finally shed the pesky freshman fifteen or twenty I gained... More on that in another post, though! For now, I’m just going to enjoy some yummy food at my “baby” (9, 6, and 3 year old) cousins’ annual Rockin’ New Year’s Eve party and some champagne tonight with friends in Columbia! Auld Lang Syne, y’all!

6 comments:

  1. Such a great new year post by looking back! It looks like a good year!

    agirlandhersparkles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, it looks like 2013 was a really great year!

    This is such a cute recap, and I really love your blog. I'm glad I found it, because now I'm following along with Bloglovin. I hope you'll check out my blog too :)

    xoxo Jackie
    SomethingAboutThat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you found my blog too, Jackie! I'll definitely be following yours now and can't wait to check it out :)

      Delete
  3. Loved your 2013 review!! Sounds like an awesome year!! Didn't realize you went to Wofford, I have a few blog friends that graduated from there, and were friends with your friend Martha...so sorry to read about losing a friend, I can't even imagine. But small world that y'all went to Wofford and knew Martha. She sounded like an amazing person, someone I wish I had known! Happy 2014!! :) XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh are you friends with Ryann?! That is a small world indeed! You're right about Martha- she was pretty fantastic, and I'm so glad I got the chance to know her. Happy 2014 to you too, Kate!

      Delete