Wednesday, January 29, 2014

A Flurry-Filled Day

Warning: my mind is bouncing off the wall right now, and due to my scattered thoughts, this post may seem a little cray.

For starters: the flurries! Y'all, SC got snow!

Snow falling around my favorite (and most frequented) building on campus: Tillman Hall. 

It was the first (and quite possibly) last snow of the season for Clemson, and what a sweet little snow it was. Sadly, none of my classes were canceled this afternoon, but to be honest, they didn't need to be... I kind of thought it was adorable they canceled any classes today at all, and I'm a born and raised southern girl! I didn't get my hopes up, which meant I was super excited when I got an email informing me the university is shut down until 12 pm tomorrow... AKA I'm missing my three hour class!

I apologize for putting this on my blog, but like I said, it's a random night and anything can happen. Including gifs. From Napoleon Dynamite, a movie I never even liked (seriously, I just did not get that movie...).

So then on top of that excitement, I checked my blog email today (I'm trying to get better about that) and noticed I was nominated not once, not twice, but three times for the Liebster award! The Liebster is meant to showcase new bloggers with promise, and when three sweet girls nominated me, this was obviously my response in my head: 

Should I admit this? Probably not. Oops.

I know it probably doesn't seem like a huge deal, but I'm brand new to the blogging community. Yes, I've written 100 posts, but it wasn't until really late 2013, early 2014 I decided I wanted to blog for the sense of community. I don't always have a ton to say, but there are lots of other people who do, and I want to keep up with them! To realize I'm establishing relationships with such interesting, creative, and altogether fantastic women, and they're giving me an opportunity to grow my blog?! So exciting for me.  


You're probably like, "Okay, yay, a blog award... What does that even mean?" Well, it means I get to... 

1. Link back to the sweet bloggy friends who nominated me.
2. Answer 11 questions given to me by said nominators
3. Choose some new nominees with a smaller blog following (going to be hard for me, because let's face it, I've got a pretty small following!)
4. Clue the new nominees in, letting them know they're being nominated
5. Ask the new nominees 11 new questions

Ta da! Simple enough, right?! I'm so excited to answer questions from Elisabeth, Mary, and Megan! Check in tomorrow to see my answers for Elisabeth's questions! 


11 comments:

  1. Congrats on the nominations!

    agirlandhersparkles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the nomination! Hope you had fun in the snow, it looks really pretty!

    Lauren,
    http://www.atouchofsoutherngrace.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lauren! Sadly, it's melting pretty fast, but I loved it while it lasted!

      Delete
  3. I am so jealous of your snow day, it's such a great feeling to get that email!!! Congrats on the nomination girlie!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it the best, Kate?! We got another one today, so woohoo! Thank you! :)

      Delete
  4. Congrats you your Liebster award! My university shut down yesterday because it was literally -25 degrees out! Also, I did not get Napolean Dynamite either. What a weird movie. I will never understand it's cult following!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ashliegh! -25?!?! I don't think I could type because my fingers would be frozen solid! Glad I'm not the only one who still doesn't understand Napoleon!

      Delete
  5. Congratulations on the nomination! That's awesome :) Hope you had a good snow day!
    memandco.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the liebster award! We got snow in GA too! Crazy :)

    AJ | TheAJMinute

    ReplyDelete