Friday, January 24, 2014

Five on Friday

Happy Friday, y'all! I'm obviously putting my Friday night to good use curled up at home watching TV! I know I'm supposed to be partying it up while I'm in my early 20s, but this Polar Vortex is really putting a damper on my fun and seems to be sucking my energy! Plus, I have to get up at the crack of dawn to run with the Team, which leads me to my Five on Friday number one....

1. Shin Splints. Ouch. 
I may be a bit overdramatic about a lot of other things, but I pride myself in a pretty high pain tolerance. Thanks to that tolerance, I didn't think twice about my "leg bones hurt" when I ran. I thought that probably came with the territory of running, since I generally don't think of running as being a "comfortable" activity anyways. Thankfully, John tried to use my legs as a foot rest one night, and he noticed I winced when he propped his feet up on my legs. He explained I probably have shin splints from my not-so-perfect running form... Yay! 

Sadly, I don't think I can blame that on shin splints...

Tomorrow I'm going to ask my coach if he has any tricks I should try before going to the internet for help, and I'm hoping I won't have to take a break from training (seriously, what is wrong with me? I never would have said that a year ago). I just don't want to get behind! 

2. Eating woes. 


I may be on the right track with my exercise habits, but my diet is a different story. I am the world's worst eater. This week alone I've had ice cream, cookies, and mac and cheese, but I can only remember one time this week I consumed any leafy greens. Yikes. I have to dress semi-nice next weekend for a party, and I'd prefer to not look like a cow. This will involve me eating more like a lady than a linebacker for the next seven days (and if I can't do that, I'm doomed). 

3. Ulta Haul

After a long tour of a magnet school for class, a couple of my friends and I stopped my one of my favorite stores to wander: Ulta. You'd never believe it by looking at my simple makeup routine, but cosmetics really interest me! I wish I was artistic enough to get contouring and highlighting and all that good stuff!  Today was no normal browsing day in Ulta, though. I went in with a mission: a full out list of makeup remover cloths, Bare Minerals foundation, a speedy nail polish topcoat, and concealer. Exciting, right?! I know, not really, but I did at least branch out and try two new concealers (combined cost less than my normal Bare Minerals correcting concealer, which I like but you don't get much bang for your buck). I'll let you know what I think of this and this!


The last time I went to Ulta, I got a small bottle of Philosophy's Purity face-wash, because I was out of my usual Target brand cleanser, and this seems to be a Philosophy cult-favorite.  I like how little of the product I have to use to get 100% of the day's makeup off my face, and I think the smell is refreshing in the morning. So far, no crazy breakouts, so I'm a fan.

4.  Quiz Me

This is going to sound so dorky, but did anyone else take quizzes when they were in middle school, like "Which one of the Mean Girls are you?" or "How do you win your crush over?" Come on, I know I can't be alone! Well, thanks to Buzzfeed, I feel like a middle schooler again, because I have been obsessed with taking quizzes lately! My two favorites? Which Disney Princess and which Jennifer Lawrence are you? 



Okay, you caught me... I may just like the quiz results: Belle is my ultimate favorite princess and J.Law is flawless in Silver Linings.



5. This week's motto:

Me thinks Cookie Monster has the right idea... 

Oh boy, it always comes back to the second thing on my list! The struggle versus cookies is real, folks. 

Happy weekend, everyone!  Courtesy of Christina of Carolina Charm, Darci of The Good Life, April of A. Liz Adventures, and Natasha of Hello! Happiness.

6 comments:

  1. That someecard has been so true for me this week!! I picked up lots of greens tonight so hopefully I can change that. Happy that I found your blog!

    Stopping by from the link-up. Happy Friday!
    Christa
    Forever Young

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should probably follow your lead and run by the store to get some greens!! So glad you found my blog too, Christa! :)

      Delete
  2. I have been wanting to try that face wash for a while! Next time I am at Ulta I will get some now!

    agirlandhersparkles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd definitely recommend it! Plus, at $10, the travel size is a great way to sample without investing too much in it!

      Delete
  3. I just found your blog through the link up! I feel you on the cookies.. man I really want one now too! Also, I love purity! All of philosophy's line is great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm Belle, too. once a book worm always a book worm, I guess? Oh wells, at least we're hot, too!

    That being said, food has been my number one enemy the past few weeks. I just can't seem to control myself and with the cold, I keep indulging WAY too much and feel gross afterwards. I'm going to try a juice cleanse over the weekend to see if it will help me get things under control. Sigh.

    jess | Quaintrelle

    ReplyDelete