Friday, January 31, 2014

Five on Friday: That Week It Snowed Edition

Thanks to a snow day, this week has simply flown by, and it's already Friday and time for Five on Friday! I'll take it. 

Linkup courtesy of April, Christina, Natasha, and Darci!


1.  Self-Imposed Bribery System As Follows:
Paper on constructivism written? Treat yo'self. (Hysterical Parks and Rec reference, anyone?

In case you haven't picked up on this, sweets are kiiind of my kryptonite. I almost cried when I saw Starburst made their heavenly jellybeans in individual boxes in their FaveRed flavors. For those of you who are judging me for drinking cider over beer, go right ahead, but just know you're missing out on one of the most delicious beverages known to man. IPAs are for the birds! (Sidenote: no, this "light cider" isn't quite as tasty as Angry Orchard or Woodchuck, but ya know what, I'll take it.)

2. Quality Time With This Guy: 
Muah!

No one loves loathes a terrible-quality iPhone photo more than I, my friends. Sorry about it, but I just love this picture, because: a. John and I are wearing matching t-shirts for a bar crawl (you know what they say-the couple that matches together, generally power-walks through the mall together), and b. John's goofy face actually captures how he usually acts when it's just the two of us! Sometimes his goofiness makes me want to pull my hair out, but most of the time, it just makes me laugh. I'm really excited, because we just started planning our Spring Break trip, and there should be some two-of-us time involved!
3. Makeup Thumbs-up. 

I've had these products for a week now, and from what I can tell, I'm a huge fan of both of them! The Aero Minerale concealer is the first airbrushing makeup I've purchased, and I was a little intimidated at first. However, the coverage is great- you really control how much you put on. My only suggestion? Don't wear this if you plan on sweating a whole bunch! Today I went to the gym right after class, and when I left I looked like a hot mess. My face was super splotchy, but I guess that's pretty standard when I'm leaving the gym!
The Seche Vite topcoat is the answer to any impatient girl's prayers! Or, at least any prayers about ridiculously slow-drying nails. No joke, it took less than ten minutes to do my nails, from start to finish! All I did was add a drop of this to each of my nails right after I put on the second coat of polish, and voila! Dry nails with a hard top coat! It came out pretty thick, so a little bit goes a long way with this stuff!

4. Blog buttons!
I was thrilled this week when another blogger asked me for my blog button, but there was a teeny problem- I didn't have a button to give her! I knew it was time to make one, and it's now on my side bar for anyone who'd like to grab it! I'm in the process of getting some of my favorite bloggers' buttons, because I love to share the love! Yay for making more bloggy friends! 

5. This metaphor I read in a daily devotional app was too good not to share. 
Just a reminder that: a. we don't always need to have a plan, and b. His design is beautiful, and He trusts you to follow through with it! 

I just want to end on that note. I hope everyone's weekends are off to a lovely start! 
 photo blogsigpng_zpscb1d9054.png

9 comments:

  1. Love love love Woodchuck!! And sometimes crappy iPhone pictures mean the most! :)

    P.S. I'm gonna look into that Aero Minerale Concealer!

    -Megan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those Starburst jellybeans are delicious! I swear, I can eat a whole bag in one sitting. Holy cavities!

    http://memandco.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Starburst jelly beans individually with only the good flavors?! whaaaaaat. AMAZING. Xx.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't tried that cider but I will have to! I'm not a beer person at all but I do love woodchuck. I didn't even know they made those Starburst jellybeans individually like that not a good thing for me to know! haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute picture of you and your bf :) And love that last quote!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been meaning to try Seche Vite for forever. It sounds like I need to go get it asap. PS they make Starburst jellybeans in small boxes? I need those too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE that metaphor. AMEN to that!!!! Also -- mich ultra cider?! Who knew?! Not me...yum! Totally wanting to try! :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wee, thanks so much for putting up my button! I am grabbing yours right now!

    Okay, so I am not an Angry Orchard fan - it just seems SOOOO sweet to me! If you ever get a chance, try Crispin. I've only had it a few times, but it was REALLY good (I get it as a treat to myself!).

    Also, this is the second blog I've looked a today that talked about Seche Vite, so I am going to have to be on the lookout for it!

    jess | Quaintrelle

    ReplyDelete