Sunday, January 26, 2014

Gowns of the Grammys

Here are the best (and most confusing) of the night, according to yours truly.

Ciara's Best "goody" (sorry, had to reference my favorite song when I was 13) was definitely her baby bump! Honestly, this is the prettiest I've ever seen her! From the dress to the face to the hair, it was all glowing and gorgeous!


Aaand the Best Dressed Couple goes to: John Legend and Chrissy Teigen. 


Taylor Swift doesn't need a knight in shining armor tonight, because she's wearing the chain mail! My friend Spencer pointed out on Twitter (I compulsively live-tweet the Grammys, obviously) Tay ditched her "signature" red lip tonight! Fingers crossed she's retiring it permanently, because without that distracting lipstick, I can focus on the rest of her beautiful face, on point ponytail, and sparkling gown! 


Taylor's friend Sarah Hyland may not be a musician, but she sure did rock the red carpet tonight! I thought she looked adorable, in an adult way, if that makes sense. 


Ariana Grande's speaking voice really annoyed me on this Nickelodeon show I had to watch while nannying this summer, but she's quite the crooner! I actually loved her hair and makeup tonight, and the Dolce dress grew on me. Still not loving the shoes. 


Colbie Caillet's dress was my absolute favorite when I watched the stars work the carpet. After seeing how all the dresses photographed, I'm between her and Taylor. 


First of all, Pharrell had quite the winning night. Second of all, the guy is 40. And he looks 20. Third of all, I'm convinced he's channeling Smokey the Bear. 


 Lots of people were obsessed with Katy Perry's Valentino, but I was not one of them. It's whimsical and musical, just like Katy, but the tattered looking tulle on the shoulders made me feel meh about it. However, she'll always be my "If I could look like one celebrity" go-to. 


Ugh. Sometimes I just don't "get" Madonna. 


Just like Katy Perry, lots of people were all about this dress on Paris Hilton. However, I was just terrified some of her orange makeup would rub off on the white dress...


 The Grammys are always fun, because there's a lot less talking and a lot more showing off talent! Here are a few of my favorite performers tonight:

It should come as no surprise that my favorite performance of the night would be Taylor Swift performing All Too Well. This heartfelt song has some of the most beautiful lyrics I've ever heard (ex: "You call me up again just to break me like a promise. So casually cruel in the name of being honest. I'm a crumpled up piece of paper lying there, because I remember it all too well."). Lena Dunham said it well when she described the performance as "vulnerable, skilled, and sparkling." Her dress was pretty stunning, too! 

 Sure, I may not like the song, but how can you NOT be obsessed with Beyonce and Jay Z? Like the dynamic duo leaving the stage together had me aww-ing audibly.


Kendrick Lamar and Imagine Dragons had everyone Taylor-Swift-dancing, and I mean that in the best way possible. 


Robin Thicke plus Chicago equals MUCH better than Robin Thicke plus Miley.

 I'll be honest: Daft Punk confuses me. Stevie Wonder does not. Plus I've got some sort of career-crush on Pharrell. Like that guy's work is prolific. 


P!nk never fails to make the rest of us feel terrible about ourselves. As someone on Twitter put it, most of us have a hard enough time singing in the shower without drowning, while this chick sings while cirque-de-soleiling (now a verb) and doing acro-yoga with some ripped dude, only to gracefully duet and show off those pipes with Nate from fun. a minute later.  

Well, folks, that's a wrap. What a way to end the weekend! Did I forget to include anything major? Speaking of missing things, I'm bummed Catherine and Shaun had their televised wedding tonight of all nights, by the way. Thank goodness for DVR, because I'll definitely be watching The Bachelor Wedding tomorrow night! 


12 comments:

  1. Cute blog! I totally agree that there were a bunch of hits and a bunch of misses last night when it comes to fashion. The Grammys are always way more entertaining that all the other awards shows since, most, people take some risks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Sarah! They seriously are- I love seeing risk-taking paying off (and let's face it, it's just as entertaining when it doesn't pay off!).

      Delete
  2. TaySwift was amazing!

    Great post :)

    AJ | TheAJMinute

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As always, am I right?! (About Taylor, not my post! Haha) Thanks for stopping by, AJ!

      Delete
  3. Taylor pretty much rocked the whole night with that performance, and her fashion is ALWAYS on point! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agree on BOTH of those statements, Melissa! I'd like to call her my spirit animal, but let's face it, that's probably only when she's getting made fun of for dancing to other people's performances!

      Delete
  4. Hahahaha, youre Paris comment made me LOL. So so true...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seriously, the pictures didn't even do it justice! She kind of looked like a super tall oompa loompa!

      Delete
  5. I LOVED Colbie Calliet's dress! It was definitely one of my favorites of the night. Red looks great on her!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, Marsh- red is definitely her color!! Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  6. Totally agree on Ciara- she looked amazing! And I totally agree on Katy Perry, though I love her and Valentino, I wasn't the hugest fan of that look. Gotta love Grammy fashion!

    Nicole, keepcalmandcocoon.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's always my favorite awards show to watch- now I'm just counting down until the Oscars! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete