Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Liebster: Part One

Hey y'all! So yesterday I gushed about how excited I was to be nominated for the Liebster Award by three phenomenal bloggers on the same day! Score!


The Liebster is all about introducing people to new, small blogs with room to grow (which makes me itty bitty corner of the web the perfect candidate!). 

Because I was nominated, I get to:

1. Link back to the sweet bloggy friends who nominated me
2. Answer 11 questions given to me by said nominators
3. Choose some new nominees with a smaller blog following (going to be hard for me, because let's face it, I've got a pretty small following!)
4. Clue the new nominees in, letting them know they're being nominated
5. Ask the new nominees 11 new questions

So far, one of the three girls who nominated me have posted their questions, So I figured I'll do a post for each of those girls and on the last post, I'll introduce the new blogs I'm planning to nominate! Sound like a plan? Good. Without further ado, here are the questions from Elisabeth at My Cup of Sparkle!


1. Who is your idol?
I think my parents are incredible people, but for this question, I'll say more specifically, my mom, because I identify with her as a woman. She is hands-down the most selfless person I know. The way she gives 100% in every aspect of her life (her marriage, her job as a first-grade teacher, her children, her friendships) is truly admirable. If I was going for a celebrity, I would say Taylor Swift, no question about it. I've loved her since the "Tim McGraw" days, and I have yet to find out a disappointing story that would make me believe she is anything less than a respectable person and role model to girls and young women. 

Two birds with one stone: my mom and I waiting for Taylor Swift to perform at her Speak Now Concert two years ago. No wonder it was one of the best nights of my life- I spent it with two of the people I look up to most! 


2. How did you get into blogging?
Four years ago, I was paid to blog about "The Freshman Experience" for Wofford College. I loved it for many reasons, but stopped after freshman year. Fast-forward to last spring, when I decided I missed writing, and started Girl Growing Up as a creative outlet. Now, I love it for the social aspect! 

3. If you could have any superpower, what would it be?
The ability to apparate (yes, it's a word, if you read Harry Potter!), or transport myself from one place to another instantly! I hate waiting in traffic (and driving in general), so this would be a dream come true. I'm also pretty broke, but I'd love to travel the world, so this would save some serious money on plane tickets!

4. What's your favorite TV show?
Currently, I’m obsessing of Rich Kids of Beverly Hills on E!, Pretty Little Liars, and Dance Moms, so obviously, I'm only into really classy TV. If it's any consolation, my all-time favorites are classics, like FRIENDS, Modern Family, and The Office. 

Oh, Phil. Silly, silly Phil...


5. What would your dream job be?
I'm like a little kid- I have so many dream jobs! They range from 4-year-old kindergarten teacher, full-time mom (in the very distant future!), wedding planner (in my dreams, although I probably freak out and worry way too much for that), or fitness instructor (in my other dreams, where I'm super fit and confident!). 

6. If you could go back in time and do one thing differently, would you? And what would it be?
Ugh, thank goodness I can’t, because being the control freak I am, I think I would be so tempted to change things… I’ll try not to get too deep, but when I transferred from Wofford to Clemson, I had to say goodbye to my best friends, and if there is one thing I hate, it’s goodbyes! Therefore I just avoided saying goodbye completely, and now I wish I had lived it up with my friends a lot more before I left!

7. What's your favorite social media platform? Facebook? Twitter? Instagram? Pinterest?
I would say Pinterest, because there is absolutely nothing better than organizing my pin boards. But. I don’t really use Pinterest in a “social” way per say, so I’m gonna go with Instagram.


My latest Instagram post: Because Spanish class isn't enough... Just realized I accidentally bought Spanish conversation hearts.

8. Do you prefer cats or dogs or neither?
Dogs, any day. But I’m still telling John there is no. way. I’m (aka we’re) getting a dog any time soon…. I’m trying to take care of myself right now!


If I did get a dog, I would want it to look a lot like this little guy! AKA why John and I will never get a dog (because we can't agree on one!). 

9. Whose blog is one of your favorite daily reads? (I just love finding out about new blogs that other bloggers love)
Confession: my favorite blog to check every week is FICTION. As in, it’s not even real. It started on Cosmo, but now it’s an independent blog, Love Sex, and Pizza. It follows Josie, a sassy and super interesting girl making her way through NYC, and I’m embarrassingly invested in juicy her love life. There, I said it.

10. Do you have a "hidden" talent? What is it?
Umm, I can bend my thumb backwards all the way to my arm? (Wow, I sound terribly boring and weird all at the same time in this post…)

11. Would you rather be be blind or deaf? Why?
I think maybe deaf, because there is such a sense of community there (seriously, we watched part of a documentary on it in my Early Intervention to Special Education, and it’s crazy tight-knit and exclusive) and I can’t imagine not being able to visualize all the beautiful things in the world.


7 comments:

  1. Congrats on the Liebster award! Love the little Q&A...can't wait to check out Love Sex and Pizza. Your blog is too cute! :)

    Nicole, keepcalmandcocoon.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Nicole!! I just checked out your blog and adored it! A little warning on Love Sex and Pizza- it can get a little raunchy at times... Haha, it's definitely just a fun read!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. It's definitely (one of my many!) guilty pleasures, Savannah! They're just surprisingly clever and funny! Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  3. This was so cool to read! I just came across your blog for the first time, so it was perfect to get to know you a little better! Oh, and I'm obsessed with PLL too - so addicting!!

    xo Megan, Lush to Blush

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally loved all of your answers! Thanks so much again for answering them and for introducing me the Love, Sex, Pizza lol I'm kinda hooked now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on your award! I'm definitely a dog person, too--cats freak me out and I'm allergic. I'm dying for a mini goldendoodle puppy, but I want to wait until I'm definitely on my own (my parents would kill me) or until I'm married. My dream job is also to be a full-time mommy!

    ReplyDelete