Sunday, March 16, 2014

Six on Sunday: Out with the old...

Guys, I know when I popped in last week to say hi, I promised a Five on Friday, but then Friday kind of turned into a traveling whirlwind! And same for Saturday. Since Friday, we've gone from Clemson, SC to Columbus, OH to Chicago, IL! Whew! So far, Spring Break 2014 is a blast! I decided to tack a plus one onto my usual five as some sort of "I'm sorry for slacking on blogging" thing. 

 If you're wondering about today's post title, I was feelin' inspired by the dude who helped me at the Verizon store the other day. As he shut off my old phone and turned on my new phone, he said, "Out with the old, and in with the new, right?" I agreed with him, at least when it came to phone. Sometimes, new is exciting and wonderful, but old can be pretty fantastic too, so this Five on Friday is a mixture of new and old.

1. Like I said, I got a new phone on Thursday! Yay! I've had the iPhone 4 (not 4s... Just plain old 4) for three years now, so it was about time for an upgrade. A few weeks ago, my phone decided to stop sending and receiving texts randomly, and I got tired of being paranoid people would think I was ignoring them on purpose. So, if I have any friends out there who feel snubbed, just know it was an accident. And I'm sorry. And you should resend that text now, because I have this!



Okay, so it looks pretty similar to my old phone, with a pink Lifeproof, and whatnot... But it's amazing how much bigger the screen is and how much faster this phone is- the home and lock buttons even work! Score!

2. New shoes. Since I gave an example of new being good, it's time for some bad: new running shoes. As much as I wanted to love these Adidas Energy Boosts, I just couldn't. They did feel fab on my feet as a ran, but the left shoe hit my ankle at a bad spot. After too much bleeding and too many gross blisters, I realized my feet just weren't adjusting. Sigh. Now I have to find a new new pair of shoes, because my old shoes are wayyy too worn, and I need a new pair for my half marathon pronto! I have less than a month (eek!) until the race, and I want my feet to be used to the new shoes. I'd take any suggestions y'all have!

My first (and last) picture wearing these beauties... RIP, Boosts (and subsequently, blisters!). 

3.PLL Obsession. Y'all, my PLL obsession is bordering on dangerous. I've never binged on Netflix before, and I didn't understand how people could get so sucked into a tv show. Oh how I wish I could go back to those simple days... Now I'm a season deep in Pretty Little Liars and I can't stop watching! It does get a little tricky, because while I'm watching old episodes on Netflix, I'm also watching the new episodes as they're shown on ABC Family! Tuesday is the season finale and I CAN'T WAIT.




Honestly, it's a good thing I've been so busy during the days, or I really would be dunzo with the entire show by now!

4. Lately I've been to a couple parties that are very "out with the old, in with the new." A bridal shower for my sweet friend, and a 21st birthday party! I was excited to help Juleah say goodbye to single life as she opened fruit infused water pitchers and fine china! I missed the shower I helped host (all the bridesmaids went in together), but I was able to make up for it by jotting down the presents she received at her shower. It sounds silly, but it made me feel like a total bridesmaid! I don't have any pictures of the shower, but I do have this super natural-lookin' selfie because I wanted to show the dress to my mom.


So thankful for my sweet friend (and Corey's girlfriend) Morgan for letting me borrow this classic J. Crew scalloped number!

As for the birthday party, I had a chance to help my sweet friend Leslie celebrate her 21st! I put this little sursy together before the party, because I was on a bit of a festive kick...

Some bunny is 21! Mini champs bottles plus Easter grass plus mini Reese's eggs equals a hoppin' good time! 



As Christine (pretty girl on the left who NEEDS HER OWN BLOG! hehe) put it, we're the three amigos of Early Childhood! I have almost all my classes with these precious friends- isn't Leslie adorable in her birthday garb?!

5. I'm super hip on the out with the old when it comes to school.... In my last post, you could probably tell I was beyond ready for a break, so it's probably no surprise that I've welcomed spring break with open arms! As I typed this post originally, John and I were on our way to Columbus, OH to visit my cousin before ending up in Chi-town for Saint Patty's Day! We're pretty pumped- me especially, since after Chicago we're going to visit this cutie!

The last time I saw Charlotte was this summer- this little baby doll can walk and talk now, and I can't wait to see her! 

6. Since this post is a little late, here's a sneak peak into my spring break trip so far.... Here's an old and new picture of me in my old favorite place in Chicago....

I know John loves me because he humored me with a trip to the American Girl Place- I was in heaven the first time I visited with my Bitty Baby! It's been over thirteen years since my last trip to Chicago, but this store was still just as delightful! (John didn't quite "get" it.)

I hope y'all have a happy Saint Patrick's Day tomorrow and take advantage of a new week!

 photo blogsigpng_zpscb1d9054.png

8 comments:

  1. I just got a new iPhone last week too! Did you get a 5C or 5S? I am also obsessed with PLL but I've only watched what's on Netflix and I have the second half of this season DVR'ed, but can't find the first half of the current season anywhere so I don't want to watch the second half yet! lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for new phones! And that J.Crew scalloped dress is perfect!
    XOXO,
    Cathleen

    www.classycathleen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That some bunny loves you is too cute! I wish I could think of things like that, I just had to search away on Pinterest. And I loved the America Girl Place as a kid. I went there once and was in heaven as well!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just want to state the fact that I still have a flip phone so I understand "out with the old phone!" hahha That dress is precious and looked really great on you! :) I always wanted to go the American Girl store when I was little. I would always keep the catalogs for weeks and pretend I was going to order from it! haha I hope that your trip is AWESOME! Enjoy your Spring Break! :)

    Love Always,
    Elizabeth
    thejourneycreatingme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a REALLY had time with tennis shoes, especially running shoes! I usually stick with Asics, because they feel amazing, but last November I popped in to a DSW (not sure if you have one near you) and found these amazing tennis shoes! They're a brand called Ryka, and they feel like heaven! I'd compare them to Nike Frees, but better! Here's a link- I went with the Tiffany's Blue ones, but an planning to grab the grey ones this week as well! http://www.dsw.com/shoe/ryka+desire+slip-on+lightweight+running+shoe+-+womens?prodId=291203&productRef=SEARCH

    Good luck on your search for shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love love love loveeee that dress on you! So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I still have an iPhone 4, not 4s. I feel so old school. My home button doesn't work either... I'm literally counting down the days until I can get a new phone, lol.

    As far as running shoes go, I love ANYTHING Mizuno. Definitely give those a try. I like the wave riders but seriously any Mizuno running shoe is perfect.

    http://www.mizunousa.com/running/womens/running-shoes/neutral/wave-rider-16

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kudos to you for getting that new phone. It must have been a bummer with your old phone, so it's a good thing that you decided to take quick action and purchased a new one. Those new shoes look cute, by the way. I totally understand your obsession with PLL. I too, had a few obsessions with shows. Hahaha! Have a fun summer!

    Clara Brooks @ Telco World

    ReplyDelete