Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Life is Good: May Moments

I wasn't lying when I said I had a lot of blogs to catch up on after my little "pause," but boy, have I enjoyed it! In fact, as I read The Rachael Way this afternoon, I was introduced to a fun new linkup I just knew I wanted to participate in! 
Found Love. Now What?

I know my past few posts have had somewhat of a recap vibe to them, so I'll try to keep it shorter, but just know this: life really has been good to me this month. Why, you ask? Here are a few teeny "life is good" moments I've had recently:

- Scoring a corn-hole while playing, well, corn-hole. Y'all, I suck at this game. So bad. The worst. So when I got several bags not only on the board, but in the hole, you better believe I was excited!

- Learning how to curl my hair. This statement actually deserves a handful of exclamation marks following it, because curling my hair is yet another thing I tend to screw up. (Must be my lack of hand-eye coordination...) However, once my sweet friend (slash brother's girlfriend) Morgan lent me her Miracurl curling iron, things started looking up! I'm borderline obsessed with this thing, guys. 

Ewww, selfie, I know, but I needed proof that this thing works! 

- Improving my mile time. This was a lot easier to do once I got my foot out of that silly boot! Which is yet another "life is good" thing! Yay! I should note that my running pace is nothing to actually write home about, but it is over a minute faster than my half-marathon average! Woohoo! 

- Taking advantage of the Queen City and all it has to offer! This weekend I went to a comedy show and a concert in Charlotte, and both events were fabulous! John and I watched some hilarious improv at the Wet Willie's in the NC Music Factory on Friday, and on Saturday, we joined my family for a throwback to the 70s and 80s! Don Felder (from The Eagles), Styx, and Foreigner performed at the Amphitheater and it was a treat. I may think of Styx as a cheesy 70s band (come on people, they wear sequined blazers), but I still belted my heart out to "Come Sail Away," and when Foreigner sang "Feels Like the First Time" I was freaking. 


Please don't judge the fact that I have not one, but two selfies on the blog today... In my defense, this one on the left is for Snapchat, which doesn't even count! The right is just a pre-concert shot of my faves. We liked snagging our seats and scoping out our area before all the other crazies came in. 

- Stocking up on books for my future classroom. Today I visited my mom's school, where a kindergarten teacher was selling most of her library of books for 25 cents a piece! She was also selling things like pocket charts for dirt cheap, and it just made my day getting so many gems for so little money! I'm so thankful my mom thought to tell me about the sale (and then bought all 80 books for me)! 
In case you couldn't tell, it's the little things that add up to making me really happy most of the time. While it was nice to soak in some quality real-world time and take advantage of all these "life is good" moments this month, my time away from the blog also reminded me why I started this blog to begin with: to commemorate these happy times! The more I blog, the more I have to look back on, and I do love reflecting and thinking, "Man, life was really good this month!" So that's what this post is: a little reminder that I had a great month and ultimately, we all have it pretty darn good (I mean, you obviously have internet access, so go you!). 
 photo blogsigpng_zpscb1d9054.png

4 comments:

  1. I'm happy you had such a great month! Hope June is just as great for you :)
    http://memandco.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. So jealous you got so many books for so cheap! And hey no shame on the selfies!

    Love Always,
    Elizabeth
    thejourneycreatingme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your hair looks so cute curled! And oh my gosh, those books are so cheap! Hope you found some good ones!

    ReplyDelete